Know Your Rights

Nondiscrimination Statement

The Nondiscrimination Statement (NDS) is for use by State and local agencies and their subrecipients for all FNS Programs.

All documents, pamphlets, websites, etc., should be updated as follows:

  • All new printing must use the 2015 NDS;
  • All websites must use the 2015 NDS;
  • All documents, pamphlets, brochures, etc., using 2013 NDS language should be updated at the next printing when supplies are exhausted.

The following are NDS translations for SNAP, SNAP-Ed, FDPIR and all other FNS Nutrition Assistance Programs (i.e. CACFP, CSFP, FDD, NSLP, SFSP, WIC, etc.).



If you have a physical or mental condition that makes it harder for you to do what we ask, you may have rights under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.

These laws protect people with many different conditions, including diabetes, heart disease, HIV/AIDS, mental health problems, learning disabilities, a history of drug or alcohol addiction, depression, and difficulty walking, seeing, or hearing. You can tell us if you have, or think you have, a disability.

Here are some ways we can help:

  • We can evaluate you for all services you may be eligible to receive.
  • We can call or visit you if you cannot come to our office.
  • We can explain to you what a notice you receive means.
  • If you are on Work First New Jersey, we can help if you cannot do something in your Individual Responsibility Plan.
  • We can help you see a doctor to find out if you have a disability.
  • We can help you appeal any action in your case.

Ask your caseworker for help or services.

If you ask for help and you are not satisfied, you can file a complaint with any of the following:

  • This agency’s ADA Coordinator - (609) 656–6301
  • New Jersey Department of Human Services, ADA Coordinator
    P.O. Box 700
    Trenton, NJ 09725
  • United States Department of Health and Human Services (complaints about Work First New Jersey and Medicaid) Office for Civil Rights
    26 Federal Plaza
    New York, NY 10278
    (212) 264-3313; (212) 264-2355 (TDD); (212) 264-3039 (FAX)
  • United States Department of Agriculture (complaints about Food Stamps) Office for Civil Rights
    300 7th St. S. W., Suite 400
    Stop Code 9430
    Washington, D.C. 20250
    (866) 632-9992 (Toll free); (202) 720-5964; (202) 401-0216 (TDD)